I love hard-boiled eggs and have boiled hundreds of them, I have discovered the exact recipe to make a perfect all-around cooked hard-boiled egg.
As always when it comes to perfection it requires a little bit of patience.
Serving Size: 4 Eggs
Time: 15 Minutes
Difficulty: Very Easy
Ingredients: Farm eggs
- First, find a small pan, a saucepan would be perfect, and make sure it’s clean.
- I usually boil 4 eggs at a time so let’s do it with that number. Get 4 raw eggs, I prefer farm eggs, not those tasteless Walmart ones.
- Then carefully place the eggs in the pan.
- Then fill the pan with cold water, YES! cold water, till the eggs are completely submerged under the water.
- Afterward, place the pan on a burner on your stove.
- Turn on the heat or fire to medium-high.
- Let the eggs sit there, watch the water for when it begins to boil which will usually be about 5 minutes.
- Then as soon as it starts boiling check the clock, let it boil for exactly ten minutes, no less and no more.
- When the ten minutes are up, turn off the heat or fire, carefully dump the water into the sink, then refill with cold water, dump again and refill again with cold water, now your eggs will still be kinda hot but not too hot to touch.
- Then bump the egg against the counter or sink to crack the shell, peel it off and throw it into the garbage. And you’re done!
And lastly, don’t forget to eat the eggs!
If you follow these instructions exactly you will find that your hard-boiled eggs will not crack during the boiling process and once you peel the shell off you will see that they are fully cooked but not to the point they are all dry and blah tasting. Go ahead! Try it!