Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu is one of the smaller towns I visited. It’s less than two square miles in area and has 62,000 people living there. Despite its small size it has a long and storied history that include having 8 different empires rule over it. It also is home to the famous massive Hindu temple called Nataraja Temple, also referred to as the Chidambaram Nataraja temple or Thillai Nataraja temple.
When I first got there I was really interested in capturing street scenes. The weather was perfect and it wasn’t over crowded but yet still had very interesting sights to enjoy.
The Nataraja Temple was enormous and beautiful. I almost couldn’t believe what I was looking at. My photos did not do it justice at all.
Trip To India Posts
1. India – Arriving In A Mysterious New Place
2. Hosur, India – My First True Taste of India
3. Bengaluru, India – The City of Technology and Religion
4. Salem, India – From Daily Life to the Pongal Festival
5. Coimbatore, India – Small City with Exotic Food
6. Yercaud, India – Getting Some Time With Nature
7. Namakkal, India – All Day Long Celebrations
8. Thanjavur, India – The City of Temples
9. Mayiladuthurai, Tharangambadi, and Poompuhar, India – First View of the Coast
10. Kumbakonam, India – Home Life and Fine Silk
11. Karaikal, India – Meeting Tsunami Survivor K. Pasupathi
12. Velankanni, India – A Small Beach Town With A Famous Basilica
13. Nagapattinam, India – Beautiful Orphans And A Ring of Fire
14. Chidambaram, India – A Small Town With A Long History
15. Puducherry, India – Marriage, Zen, Art, And A Beach
16. Auroville & Mahabalipuram, India – A Golden Dome and Krishna’s Butterball
17. New Delhi & Agra, India – Seats Of Power And Poverty
18. The Taj Mahal