We made a quick few-hour day trip to the town of Coimbatore. It as a small city but very busy and full of life none the less. I was fascinated by the lack of cars and the extreme pervasiveness of motorcycles and mopeds here.
I did start noticing the dramatic different between the income classes. People seemed to be either extremely wealthy or very poor.
While we were in Coimbatore I told my guides that I would like to try an exotic dish that is uniquely Indian and delicacy there. My guide told me she had the perfect suggestion. She took us to a nice restaurant where we were served lamb brains on a dish. Of course, I had to eat it, I asked for it. I spread it on some crackers and it was actually really good.
More Photos From My Incredible Trip to India:
- The Taj Mahal In Agra, India Was A Breathtaking Sight Of Awe And Beauty
- Photos: New Delhi & Agra, India – Seats Of Power And Poverty
- Photos: Auroville & Mahabalipuram, India – A Golden Dome and Krishna’s Butterball
- Puducherry, India Is A Seaside French Settlement With A Unique Culture
- Chidambaram, India – A Small Town With The Famous Nataraja Temple
- Nagapattinam, India – Beautiful Orphans And A Ring of Fire
- Velankanni, India – A Small Indian Beach Town With A Famous Basilica
- An Indian Girl Who Chose To Love Despite Her Tragic Life Story
- Tsunami Survivor K. Pasupathi’s Story About Surviving The 2004 Tsunami
- Kumbakonam, India – Home Life and Fine Silk
- Photos: Mayiladuthurai, Tharangambadi, and Poombuhar, India – First View of the Coast
- Thanjavur, India, An Ancient City Of Temples And Art
- Photos: Namakkal, India – All Day Long Celebrations
- Photos: Yercaud, India – Getting Some Time With Nature
- Photos: Coimbatore, India – Small City with Exotic Food
- Salem, India – A Vibrant City With Pongal Festival Celebrations
- Photos: Bengaluru, India – The City of Technology and Religion
- Photos: Hosur, India – My First True Taste of India
- Photos: India – Arriving In A Mysterious New Place