Immediately after landing in Chennai I got onto a bus and headed towards a town called Hosur located a few hours away. It was a relatively smaller city, with about 200,000 people and not very developed. I stayed with a sweet and open-minded family. The father had converted to Christianity some time ago and his wife and children remained Muslims. I had no sense of conflict about that in their home, they all seem to just love and respect each other.
I was in nonstop awe of Hosur. The wonderful tropical landscapes with a hint of fog and dust had me waking up at dawn every day. The city was mostly an agricultural city. I visited a few farms there that grew flowers to be exported all over the world.
The landscapes of Hosur are so beautiful. I had never been to a place like this in my life. I tried to photograph almost everything I was seeing without missing out on being present. At dusk and dawn, there was always either dusk or fog in the air. This gave the landscape a mystical feel.
Hosur also had extremely colorful buildings and homes all over the city. Each one provides a glimpse of the people who work and live in them.
The man below is who so graciously hosted me in his home while I was in Hosur. He had a teenage son that I quickly became friends with named Abdul.
More Photos From My Incredible Trip to India:
- The Taj Mahal In Agra, India Was A Breathtaking Sight Of Awe And Beauty
- New Delhi & Agra, India – Seats Of Power And Poverty
- Auroville Matrimandir & Mahabalipuram, India with Krishna’s Butterball
- Puducherry, India Is A Seaside French Settlement With A Unique Culture
- Chidambaram, India – A Small Town With The Famous Nataraja Temple
- Nagapattinam, India – Beautiful Orphans And A Ring of Fire
- Velankanni, India – A Small Indian Beach Town With A Famous Basilica
- An Indian Girl Who Chose To Love Despite Her Tragic Life Story
- Tsunami Survivor K. Pasupathi’s Story About Surviving The 2004 Tsunami
- Kumbakonam, India, A City Known For Its Silk Dyeing And Weaving Skills
- Mayiladuthurai, Tharangambadi, and Poombuhar In Tamil Nadu, India
- Thanjavur, India, An Ancient City Of Temples And Art
- Namakkal, India, A Day Of Rekla Races And A Massive Pongal Festival
- Yercaud, India, A Beautiful Town Located In The Mountains
- Coimbatore, India Is A Small Bustling City With Amazing Food
- Salem, India – A Vibrant City With Pongal Festival Celebrations
- Bangalore, India, A Enormous City Famous For Technology and Religion
- Hosur, India Is A Rural City With Beautiful Mystical Tropical Landscapes
- India, Arriving In An Incredible And Mysterious New Place