My last full day in India was spent at the Taj Mahal. It truly was one of the most incredible structures I have ever seen. As it came more and more in view I was in awe. When walked up those stairs onto the platform it sits on, I felt for the fist time in my life, breathless.
The size was smaller and bigger than I thought it was, I know that doesn’t make sense. I imagined it was really tall like a pyramid or a skyscraper but it’s not. What you don’t realize is how detailed intricate it is and when you step back to see the detail all over a huge stone building it becomes bigger and bigger as you look at it.
This was the perfect last day in India, I could have not ask for of an amazing month. My time in India has changed me and I’ll never forget that time of my life. I’m eternally grateful to Rotary International for giving me this incredible opportunity.
More Photos From My Incredible Trip to India:
- Photos: The Taj Mahal
- Photos: New Delhi & Agra, India – Seats Of Power And Poverty
- Photos: Auroville & Mahabalipuram, India – A Golden Dome and Krishna’s Butterball
- Puducherry, India Is A Seaside French Settlement With A Unique Culture
- Chidambaram, India – A Small Town With The Famous Nataraja Temple
- Nagapattinam, India – Beautiful Orphans And A Ring of Fire
- Photos: Velankanni, India – A Small Beach Town With A Famous Basilica
- An Indian Girl Who Chose To Love Despite Her Tragic Life Story
- Tsunami Survivor K. Pasupathi’s Story About Surviving The 2004 Tsunami
- Photos: Kumbakonam, India – Home Life and Fine Silk
- Photos: Mayiladuthurai, Tharangambadi, and Poombuhar, India – First View of the Coast
- Thanjavur, India, An Ancient City Of Temples And Art
- Photos: Namakkal, India – All Day Long Celebrations
- Photos: Yercaud, India – Getting Some Time With Nature
- Photos: Coimbatore, India – Small City with Exotic Food
- Photos: Salem, India – From Daily Life to the Pongal Festival
- Photos: Bengaluru, India – The City of Technology and Religion
- Photos: Hosur, India – My First True Taste of India
- Photos: India – Arriving In A Mysterious New Place