Our next stop was Yercaud, Tamil Nadu, India. This very natural and pretty town was located around a lake on top of the mountain. It’s called a Hill Station. The environment up here is perfect for growing coffee and tropical plants. I got o visit a topical plant farm and afterward enjoyed a nice walk through a dense coffee plantation and down some nature trails in the mountains.
After visiting the tropical plants, we went to the famous Gowri Estate coffee plantation. Yercaud’s warm and moist climate is perfect for growing delicious coffee. They grow coffee plants as far as the eye can see. They cover mountain after mountain. The plants grow beneath a forest of tall trees. It was such a cool experience walking through the plantations in the forest.
Then I walked along a trail with gorgeous views of the mountain ranges in Tamil Nadu. The trail went through the forest and along mountain sides. One of the best trails I have ever walked along.
Panoramic View Of Mountains
Our trail led us to the top of the mountain with an absolutely incredible view! I took this panorama photo of the view. To see it larger, click on the image. Yercaud was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.
More Photos From My Incredible Trip to India:
- The Taj Mahal In Agra, India Was A Breathtaking Sight Of Awe And Beauty
- New Delhi & Agra, India – Seats Of Power And Poverty
- Auroville Matrimandir & Mahabalipuram, India with Krishna’s Butterball
- Puducherry, India Is A Seaside French Settlement With A Unique Culture
- Chidambaram, India – A Small Town With The Famous Nataraja Temple
- Nagapattinam, India – Beautiful Orphans And A Ring of Fire
- Velankanni, India – A Small Indian Beach Town With A Famous Basilica
- An Indian Girl Who Chose To Love Despite Her Tragic Life Story
- Tsunami Survivor K. Pasupathi’s Story About Surviving The 2004 Tsunami
- Kumbakonam, India, A City Known For Its Silk Dyeing And Weaving Skills
- Mayiladuthurai, Tharangambadi, and Poombuhar In Tamil Nadu, India
- Thanjavur, India, An Ancient City Of Temples And Art
- Namakkal, India, A Day Of Rekla Races And A Massive Pongal Festival
- Yercaud, India, A Beautiful Town Located In The Mountains
- Coimbatore, India Is A Small Bustling City With Amazing Food
- Salem, India – A Vibrant City With Pongal Festival Celebrations
- Bangalore, India, A Enormous City Famous For Technology and Religion
- Hosur, India Is A Rural City With Beautiful Mystical Tropical Landscapes
- India, Arriving In An Incredible And Mysterious New Place